Wednesday, April 11, 2012

To Our Newcomers... Welcome! To Our Old Hands -- Welcome Back!

It is currently 5:41 a.m., I am sitting outside gate C-8 waiting for my flight to Chicago, I will be continuing my tour as soon as I land; I am rejuvenated, I am excited, I. Am. Ready.
First off I would like to reflect on when I first left for New York. Back in September Pottermore was just coming into existence for us 'Beta Users'. I had been waiting for my acceptance letter and by some fluke my e-mail was a day behind everyone else's in my wave. Instead of being delivered at its suspected time my acceptance letter to Pottermore had revealed itself moments before I boarded my train to my new adventure. It was like I was getting on the Hogwarts Express, boarding my train and heading to my new magical home.
Last night Glee returned to complete the second half of the current season (I particularly liked this episode as it centered on my two Faaaaavorite characters Blaine and Quinn). While I was packing and getting ready for my flight into Chicago this morning, The New Directions (the Glee club at W. Mckinley H.S. for those not "in-the-know") are preparing their travel plans to nationals in Chicago. =)
Of course this coincidence filled me immediately with unbridled joy! Does this make me silly? Perhaps; But there are worse things I could be.
I have completed all of my east coast venues and used my 10 day hiatus to catch up with family and friends, and revisit hangouts and homes.
I spent the day in NYC and had dinner with Melody, and then slept in the next morning!!! (However, due to my schedule my body's idea of "sleeping in" has become 9:30... I don't even understand... There were times in school that I didn't even get to bed till 9:30... What. Is. Life? I finished some errands and then caught up with Mel and Whitney for dinner before my bus. Unfortunately, due to plans changing and our schedules conflicting, I didn't get to see Marie or her new baby (a dog: for those who gasped at my bffl's "scandalous" reveal... no beautiful babies yet)
I had a rather interesting travel to High Point... Some day I will be a big boy and spring the extra few dollars to avoid taking the Chinatown bus... last week was not that day. The bus was uncomfortable and smelly, my company was, at best, unsavory, my arrival was over 2 hours late; and could someone please tell me why I am Always offered drugs when I travel mass transportation??? Anyway I arrived monday morning and was greeted by warm smiles and good friends. I stayed at the Toccatamanor (our T-tone House just off campus), I really appreciate the guys always offering me a home with them at the house when I visit...
Welp they just called my zone to boar the plane... I will continue this later.

1 comment: