Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Where Have You Been All My Life?" "In The Cupboard Under Some Stairs"

So I know I havent been updating the last couple of days I've just been a little busy lately. Where to begin? (And now Julie Andrews is singing in my head... donthateit...causeiloveit)
We had Wednesday free from rehearsal. Which was wonderful, unfortunately its the last day off we have until March 25th. We went grocery shopping and then visited the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame Museum. Which was pretty cool, but the best part was noticing where each of us were spending our time throughout the evolution of Rock. I invested a little more time in the Folk area: Simon and Garfunkel, The Lovin Spoonfuls; and the Motown section: Diana Ross, The Temptations; and of course the Beatles. But I breezed through the Punk scene and didnt really hang around the Grunge or Metal exhibits. But even though we spread out and learned what we wanted at our own pace occasionally we would end up together. It was cool thinking about how different our tastes are that we ended up at the same destination in this linear designed path without stumbling into each other before. It was even cooler thinking about how even though we didnt share much in terms of taste prior to the rendezvous we both stopped because of how much we mutually loved what was in front of us. Benton and I spent a little more time around the Early Jazz roots than the rest; we also met up around the Censorship of Rock n' Roll. Jessica and I found ourselves on a bench together for quite some time just listening to a live concert of Elvis. Chris and I both found each other while exploring the Michael Jackson section.
Afterwards the guys, Benton and I went out to a brewery for dinner. This seems to be the JW and Chris's past time of choice. I got to see Lake Erie. And it was really beautiful. The whole day was really nice. And for no particular reason of what we did that day. I mean it was cool but really I just woke up in a really good mood. A little Free-er and little less burdened. Can't explain it. But it was nice.
Today was nice. We finished blocking the while show. And now I just need to memorize this last section of the script. I had mostly memorized the whole script before the first rehearsal but the sign for this one scene is a little more challenging than the rest. Partly because its almost entirely me talking, partly because there are so many signs that just arent conversational concepts that I havent particularly had to study. I should be fine by tomorrow. On a good note I am pretty dang good at the rest of the show. Also two of the cast members that I looked up to slightly (in terms of signing) had complimented me and my sign skills to the point of stating that they looked up to My sign. Its interesting the circle of emulation we create amongst ourselves.
Oh I forgot! When we pulled into the parking lot for the grocery store I noticed a craft store next door, so I ran in and found some pieces I needed to complete my next couple of lapel pins. I'm playing with some "coral" pieces I got at a flea market before I left.
Welp. I'm going to go finish memorizing the last 2 pages and continue listening to some awesome tunes.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are making the most of this opportunity. Love you.

    ReplyDelete