Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Wizard Is Never Late, Nor Is He Early, He Arrives Precisely When He Means To

Today I arrived in Canton (right outside of Cleveland), I threw my bags into the room I will be staying at for the next 20 days or so, and have started getting to know the fellow "housemates".
It was oddly emotional leaving this morning. Jenn and Marie helped me bring my bags down the stairs and hurried me into the shuttle to the airport. I felt like it was the end of the year, and we were sharing summer goodbyes. It was comforting thinking about how the three of us became such a Trio so early our freshman year and even after we have graduated we are still together for each other's "Firsts" and "send offs". It makes me Happy & Sad. (Cue Nathan Lane singing in Addams Family Musical)
The flight was smooth enough, the girl next to me was a professor and we chatted some, and she asked me about my script and what I was working on... I find it Fascinating, just how Fascinating people find my line of work. She loved hearing about it. At the baggage claim I met Benton a fellow cast mate, and also the one of only 2 other "Hearing" actors among this 6 person tour.
At first a little nervous about this process I felt a little better when the director said he hired me because of my "energy and ability to play with range" and "That you're kind of Little didn't hurt"... It worked out, so I'll take it. He also was interested in my resume and wanted to Talk about it! ... he actually looked at, and Remembered bits from my resume... and found it Interesting enough to be a topic of discussion! I'm excited for rehearsals to start but a little leery because the dialogue is very ASL based, and I have been interpreting in an ASL/SEE mix style for quite sometime now. I will be fine... Because I will work hard on it.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for a chance to glimpse your experience as it happens. We love you and this is a great way for the family to stay on top of your acting career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. APPLAUSE...APPLAUSE!!! So excited for my dear Cody! I could not be prouder! Break a leg darling!!
    Love you,
    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life (to me) always seems like some adventure that one imagines during childhood; and we imagined a whole lot back then. I can only hope it has been as much of an adventure to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I credit so much of my "imagination" to my years ad YEARS of practice in our front yards. Talking to trees, running around with sticks pretending to save the day, sometimes succeeding. Some may argue we held on to "play time" a little late in our childhood, but i always think how dull their lives must have been, and how lucky we were to be happy running and plotting and going on adventures for as long as we did. =)

      Delete
  4. 1. I was glad to be there for you, and I will ALWAYS be there! No matter what.

    2. I'm happy you now know that song from Addam's Family.

    3. You left your toothbrush. I hope you bought a new one! :P

    4. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. =) ditto
      2. thank you
      3. i bought and packed an extra one before i left
      4. Love you more "Bifel" (my new secret code name "Bffl")

      Delete